Thursday, July 10, 2014

dangling legs

this.

my favorite kind of parenting moment.
unplanned.
fleeting.
sweet.

my girls sitting on the kitchen counter, 
legs swinging and grins on their faces
as i make dinner 
and all they do is hang out.

i think playdates and fun experiences are great and all,
but i love the unscheduled; it feels like a precious thing.
and i feel like my girls thrive when given time that is free and open 
where they can play, sit, hang out, pretend, goof around, imagine, fritter time away.

(and as i think of it
that's also pretty great for my soul too.)

(what's a favorite mundane moment you've had with your kiddo?)

1 comment:

Hi friends! This is where you talk back to me. :) Easy peasy: write your comment, then scroll down where it says "comment as" to identify yourself (if you want to just write your name click Name/URL or just click anonymous. xoxoxoxo